Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Well... It's about time! ... I blogged.

OK, so I've always been a proponent of Open Source simple because it allows me to do my work (and our students) a quickly as possible. It's not that we don't use proprietary software or other commercial tools, it's just that open source tools have always been a key component in many of our workflows in remote sensing research. The interdisciplinary nature of our work draws on a many domains where a critical step considered "trivial" and "obvious" to the practitioners of one field is a novel technique in another.

Teaching often implies a professor->student interaction. But there is an autodidactic process (just to get pedantries out of the way) that is often glossed over. I hope that "muddling" through the tools will be candidly expressed in this blog as well as point to the context in which these components were used.


1 comment:

  1. If yesterday afternoon's experience is any indication, I think I can count on a fair amount of "muddling" to draw on....

    ReplyDelete